Records of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, 1930-1973
Delta Theta Phi was founded at the Cleveland Law School of Baldwin-Wallace College (now Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University) in Ohio in 1900 and became a national fraternity in 1904. In September of 1913, the fraternity amalgamated three other fraternities, Alpha Kappa Phi (begun in Chicago, 1902), Theta Lambda Phi (Pennsylvania, 1903) and Sigma Nu Phi (National University Law School, 1903). In 1969, the fraternity became international with the first two senates chartered outside of the United States. In 1989 Delta Theta Phi merged with Sigma Nu Phi, taking all of its members into membership and gaining The Adelphia Law Journal, making Delta Theta Phi the only law fraternity in the world with its own authoritatively recognized law review.
The Daniel Webster Senate was chartered in 1915, and functioned at the Webster College of Law in Chicago. In 1923, the Webster College of Law was consolidated with Chicago-Kent, at which time the Webster Senate enrolled Chicago-Kent students and became the official Senate chapter of the law school.
Whipple, Jona, "Guide to AC003 - Records of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity" (2013). Finding Aids. 3.