The Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property is a student-run publication at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law.
The Journal’s mission is to present both in-depth analyses of fundamental issues affecting intellectual property rights, and timely, succinct analysis of current intellectual property issues.
For more information, see the Journal's website.
Current Issue: Volume 18, Issue 4 (2019) PTAB Bar Association
Sovereign Immunity: A “Get Out of Jail Free” Card for State Patent Owners at the PTAB
Anthony Zucchero and Warren Thomas
Proposal to Expedite Joinder in Inter Partes Review
Andrew S. Baluch and Teresa Stanek Rea
Precedential Opinion Panel Resolves Conflicts in PTAB Opinions on Joinder: The Role of Amicus Briefs
Jihong Lou, Matthew W. Johnson, and Chris Z. Liu
Indefiniteness in Inter Partes Review: The Existing Quagmire and A Path Forward
Christopher S. Geyer, Daniel C. Tucker, and Jency J. Mathew
Explain Yourself: Federal Circuit Review of PTAB Decisions under the APA
M. Andrew Holtman, Clara N. Jiménez, and Samhitha Muralidhar Medatia
- Christopher S. Geyer, Appian Corporation
- Joshua L. Goldberg. Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Amanda Murphy, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- John Phillips, Fish & Richardson P.C
- Jonathan Stroud, Unified Patents Inc.
- Jasper L. Tran, Jones Day
- Ken Weatherwax, Lowenstein & Weatherwax LLP